Macaulay Road (Ref:1114)
A special opportunity to get on the property ladder with this fantastic two-bedroom apartment in the heart of Clapham Old Town. This second-floor home that incorporates contemporary architectural style is in a purpose build development by award winning Assael Architects, with interiors by prime residential interior specialists MMM.
Step outside this tranquil environment and Clapham Common, the delights of the Old Town and the tube are on your doorstep, with excellent transport connections direct to the City and West End.
- En-suite to master bedroom
- Underfloor heating throughout
- Fitted wardrobes to both bedrooms
- Communal gas boiler with heat interface unit
- Electronic fob-controlled access points linked to video phone entry system
- Door viewer and security chain to front doors
- Timber or metal doorset with inbuilt meter enclosure
- Metal door furniture of stainless steel or bronze
- Oak, wide plank thermo engineered boards in living spaces
- 100% wool carpet in bedrooms
- Textured porcelain tile to bathrooms
- Contemporary fitted kitchen with integrated appliances. White matt lacquer cabinetry with dove grey interior and painted toughened glass splashback
- Integrated waste and recycling bins
- Recessed LED spotlights to underside of cabinets
Clapham Common station on the Northern line is a five-minute walk away. Nearby Clapham High Street, Wandsworth Road and Clapham Junction stations provide access to the overground and National Rail network, whether into the city or out to Gatwick Airport, Surrey and the South Coast. The extensive bus network also offers transport city-wide.
Travel time from Clapham Common
13 London Bridge
16 Oxford Circus
17 Leicester Square
19 Tottenham Court Road
25 King’s Cross St. Pancras
For those in search of an active lifestyle or just some open space, this apartment is directly across the road from Clapham Common, which has over 200 green acres used by sports clubs, with all-weather games area, tennis courts, skate park and cricket pitches. For the more leisurely paced, there is a bowling green, two playgrounds and three ponds, not to mention three cafés. The common is also host to a variety of summer events and festivals.
The gastronomic scenery includes delis perfect for picnics on the common as well as well as the discerning restaurants and popular pubs hereabouts.
Well connected, Clapham Old Town feels like a small English village in London’s Zone two. It is also just minutes from bustling Clapham High Street. There are a number of traditional independent shops - from the butcher and greengrocer to a local florist who grows her own flowers in a nearby allotment.