We aim to make our website usable for as many people as possible so that everyone has a good experience when on our site. We continually look at how we can improve our website so that it's as close to WCAG 2.0 AA standard as we can get it. We've had ReciteMe accessibility tools on our website since 2018 which is available for everyone to use.
Using this website
- Zoom in up to 200% without text spilling off the screen
- Navigate the website using just a keyboard
You can use the ReciteMe accessibility tools to:
- Change contrast levels
- Modify the font, colours, line height or spacing of text
- Translate the website into a different language
- Listen to the website using a screen reader
- Activate a ruler to guide you as you read through pages
How to access and use the ReciteMe accessibility tools
You can use the ReciteMe tools to customise your experience. To access the tools, select the 'Me Accessibility' button at the top of the page which looks like this:
Once you open up the accessibility toolbar you'll have access to the accessibility functions for this website:
Screen reader functions
Use the screen reader functions to active audio that will read the text on the page for you.
You can also use the download function to download the audio:
Use the reading functions to support you reading the text on the page. You have:
- a ruler to support you reading line by line
- screen mask to focus on selected lines as you read
- magnifier to zoom into sections
- margins to reposition text
- dictionary with thesaurus.
Use the styling functions to:
- Increase or decrease the font size
- Change the colour contrast on the page.
Use the translation function to translate the text into over 100 languages:
Limitations on this website
Where possible we've added alternative text to our images, however we have been unable to apply this to all images.
Most of our videos do not have subtitles or audio descriptions. Where we have used third-party video content, we have not been able to control if they have subtitles or audio descriptions.